The Ride of Silence is observed in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways.
- To HONOR those who have been injured or killed
- To RAISE AWARENESS that we are here
- To ask that we all SHARE THE ROAD
"The Ride of Silence is free of charge and open to all without affiliations, we only ask cyclists to ride no faster than 20 Km/h (12 mph) and to remain silent throughout the ride."
- Saturday 21 May 2011: 8am.
- Starting location: Marina Bay Sands Promenade.
- Destination: 20 Km Loop to Marina Bay Sands
Find out more more at the Ride of the Silence webpage at rideofsilence.sg and stay up to date via the facebook page.
Note: this is not a joyride for newbies but for cyclists familiar with the roads. The organiser shares on the facebook event page that the 'Singapore Traffic Police PROHIBITS them from having motorcycle escorts, motorized safety vehicle or blocking the flow of traffic in any way.'