Just take a look at the diversity of titles and issues addressed! Perhaps LTA sould send someone to attend the 2011 symposium in February!
- "Maryland Department of Transportation: A Greener Way To Go." Presented by Secretary Beverley Swaim-Staley.
- "Public Health and Transportation: Exploring the Inextricable Link
Presented by Keshia M. Pollack, PhD, MPH; Assistant Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- "Commuter Choice Maryland and Commuter Connections." Presented by Buddy Alves, Senior Marketing Specialist, Commuter Choice Maryland, Maryland Transit Administration and Nick Ramfos, Director, Commuter Connections, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.
- "One Less Car’s Legislative Bike Agenda." Presented by Greg Hinchliffe, Chairman, Mayor's Bicycle Advisory Committee and Chair of the Maryland Committee of East Coast Greenway; Adiva Sotzsky, Dedicated Advocate.
- "Bicycling!." Presented by Alex Obriecht, owner of 5 Race Pace/Bella Bikes bicycle shops in MD; 32 years in business; honored as a ‘Trek Legend’ and much more.
- "Transportation for Maryland." Presented by Jennifer Bevan-Dangel, 1000 Friends of Maryland Deputy Director.
- "Bicycling Advocates of Howard County (BAHC)." Presented by Jack Guarneri, BAHC President.
- "Maryland’s Interactive Trail Map." Presented by Sylvia Ramsey, Manager, Community Enhancement Programs.
- "Maryland’s Safe Routes to School Program: Building transportation alternatives today for our children’s tomorrow.." Presented by Joe Pelaia, Maryland’s Safe Routes to School Program Coordinator, Maryland State Highway Administration, Maryland Highway Safety Office.
- "Campaign for Active Transportation." Presented by Kartik Sribarra, Manager of Policy Outreach, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy.
For videos and slides, visit Bike Maryland.
This is the one to go to- http://www.bikeleague.org/conferences/summit11/index.php
Too bad I'm teaching that week, haha!
Post a Comment